I downloaded this photoshop magazine form DD. I found lot of coloring comic/art techniques there. you can go through this one-
http://distortedesigners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=367
Cartoon Project
- asifshahid
- Insanely Distorted

- Posts: 4329
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm
- Full Name: Asif Shahid
- x 37
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
- zaved
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:37 pm
- Full Name: Zaved Hossain
- Expertise: Cartoon or Comics
Team, the first frame is done. I guess Dhanad can start coloring on it. I'm just posting the preview image in here. I'd like to provide the actual PSD file through email.


Looking at life through the eyes of a tier hub
- asifshahid
- Insanely Distorted

- Posts: 4329
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm
- Full Name: Asif Shahid
- x 37
ami bhasha here felechi !!!!!!!!!!........coooool!!! now i got the way.....I am starting outlining my one(100%)......
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
- asifshahid
- Insanely Distorted

- Posts: 4329
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm
- Full Name: Asif Shahid
- x 37
here is my one for Dhanad
....i will mail you the psd..zaved bhai dekhen thik ache kina.


Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
- zaved
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:37 pm
- Full Name: Zaved Hossain
- Expertise: Cartoon or Comics
Asif, perfect! I'm really really happy of how things are proceeding.
One little thing, can you omit the little half done bridge and instead put something else over there? Maybe a fishing net or something, or it's ok if there is nothing, because the background of houses and trees looks beautiful. That bridge looks perfect in the context but probably goes against the concept of the frame this picture is for.
I'm working on the second environment. And all the rest characters are done. I'm currently inking. I'll post everything including the framing arrangements as soon as I finish.
Good Job, really good. I guess you are working on the bridge scene?
Please pm me your email addresses.
One little thing, can you omit the little half done bridge and instead put something else over there? Maybe a fishing net or something, or it's ok if there is nothing, because the background of houses and trees looks beautiful. That bridge looks perfect in the context but probably goes against the concept of the frame this picture is for.
I'm working on the second environment. And all the rest characters are done. I'm currently inking. I'll post everything including the framing arrangements as soon as I finish.
Good Job, really good. I guess you are working on the bridge scene?
Please pm me your email addresses.
Looking at life through the eyes of a tier hub
- asifshahid
- Insanely Distorted

- Posts: 4329
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm
- Full Name: Asif Shahid
- x 37
ya zaved bhai, you are right about the half brigde....i was thinking too...I will change it....yes i am also working on 5% bridge......kalke upload korbo.....amar mone hoyna Dhanad shob color kore sesh korte parbe....amadero hat laagate hobe.....dhanad what you think?....
Here is my email and msn address. First time using hide feature
[hide]email: smasif@gmail.com
msn: shahidmasif@hotmail.com
mobile: 01819-202699[/hide]
Here is my email and msn address. First time using hide feature
[hide]email: smasif@gmail.com
msn: shahidmasif@hotmail.com
mobile: 01819-202699[/hide]
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
- zaved
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:37 pm
- Full Name: Zaved Hossain
- Expertise: Cartoon or Comics
Team,
For the frames that Asif is drawing, we can show the dialogues without the characters. That makes it simple. And seems like the story or theme is not hampered by this. What do you guys think?

Asif, hmm, it might be a little too much for Dhanad alone. What is Zahid doing? Has he already lost interest?

For the frames that Asif is drawing, we can show the dialogues without the characters. That makes it simple. And seems like the story or theme is not hampered by this. What do you guys think?

Asif, hmm, it might be a little too much for Dhanad alone. What is Zahid doing? Has he already lost interest?
Looking at life through the eyes of a tier hub
- asifshahid
- Insanely Distorted

- Posts: 4329
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm
- Full Name: Asif Shahid
- x 37
i am 100% ok with only dialogs rather to show characters in this scene.....nope Zahid bhai interest haray nai.....alap kore dekhte hobe....i will knock him....
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
- KiLLSWiTCH
- Posts: 319
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:03 am
Hmm, i am so busy till 3rd week of this month due to a certain design work... Ok, so kaj agay rakha jay this way. Anyone who is idle, and is interested can do the following as a team:
1. Put flat colors or 2 color tones on the pictures/subjects, I prefer the use of GROUP LAYER SET in Photoshop, e.g. For Minister 1, I make a Group Layer where I have all the layers for minister one only. That helps me to modify with ease whenever I want or however I want and also makes the layers organized so others can work on it.
2. Ok, this is very important. Color Swatches...I just make an empty layer where I Just paint the colors I used in the picture (just like a personal color palette and use the colors from there or separate flat color layers will do just fine)...I think we need to fix what skin tone to use for the characters so it is consistent throughout the frames. Also I think only 1 artist should do the shadows/highlights while some others do the flats. What do you think? Work distribution is a good idea since there is not much time left.
1. Put flat colors or 2 color tones on the pictures/subjects, I prefer the use of GROUP LAYER SET in Photoshop, e.g. For Minister 1, I make a Group Layer where I have all the layers for minister one only. That helps me to modify with ease whenever I want or however I want and also makes the layers organized so others can work on it.
2. Ok, this is very important. Color Swatches...I just make an empty layer where I Just paint the colors I used in the picture (just like a personal color palette and use the colors from there or separate flat color layers will do just fine)...I think we need to fix what skin tone to use for the characters so it is consistent throughout the frames. Also I think only 1 artist should do the shadows/highlights while some others do the flats. What do you think? Work distribution is a good idea since there is not much time left.
So much to eat, so little time !
- asifshahid
- Insanely Distorted

- Posts: 4329
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm
- Full Name: Asif Shahid
- x 37
zaved bhai, we need to meet i think....
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
- zaved
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:37 pm
- Full Name: Zaved Hossain
- Expertise: Cartoon or Comics
Bad news all around.
We have to submit the artwork by 18th April.
I guess me and Asif have put plenty of effort on this already. So, if we can't finish all the coloring, I'm willing to submit the lineart only. or if possible, base colors only.
Asif, give me a buzz when we can meet. Same place same time?
We have to submit the artwork by 18th April.
I guess me and Asif have put plenty of effort on this already. So, if we can't finish all the coloring, I'm willing to submit the lineart only. or if possible, base colors only.
Asif, give me a buzz when we can meet. Same place same time?
Looking at life through the eyes of a tier hub
- asifshahid
- Insanely Distorted

- Posts: 4329
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm
- Full Name: Asif Shahid
- x 37
better ajkei meet kori.....same place same time (Boomers, 1:30 PM)....tokhon detail alap korbo....I think we can do that by 18th April with color....don't worry zaved bhai....dibo jokhon color korei dibo....
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
- zaved
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:37 pm
- Full Name: Zaved Hossain
- Expertise: Cartoon or Comics
I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to finish all the inking and frame setting by today. But will upload early tomorrow.
Let's discuss the pros and cons today. 1:30 it is, at Boomers.
Oh, and my treat.
Looking at life through the eyes of a tier hub
- asifshahid
- Insanely Distorted

- Posts: 4329
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm
- Full Name: Asif Shahid
- x 37
heheh...ok 
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia