Page 1 of 2
Digital drawings
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:24 pm
by zaved
This is the first ever digital portraits I completed.
Tool: Photoshop CS2
Laptop Mouse pad
Critics and comments welcome.
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:27 pm
by zaved
It started as a figure study. The outlines were drawn in traditional media - paper and pencil. The colors were done in photoshop CS2.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:31 pm
by asifshahid
man, how it is possible to do something like that in laptop mouse pad. do you use digital tablet?...."Baby" looks awesome...more detail would be fine in his face..it looks blurry to me...nice job
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:31 pm
by zaved
Another figure study. The outlines were drawin in traditional media. Colors and shading in Photoshop CS2 using laptop mouse pad. I used to use this to invent my own method of shading. I guess I have 3/4 versions of this. But this is the best result I've got and I'm willing to continue with the method.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:41 pm
by Tashlima
Awesome!!! u r a true artist!
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:55 pm
by zaved
smasif wrote:man, how it is possible to do something like that in laptop mouse pad. do you use digital tablet?...."Baby" looks awesome...more detail would be fine in his face..it looks blurry to me...nice job
Yes, it looks blurry. I didn't have much idea how to sketch properly in photoshop. It was a pretty raw and incorrect way of doing things. Thanks for the comment, appreciate a lot

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:49 pm
by zahidur59
The third picture makes me wonder if you are that Zaved from BUET(and later from GCL).
Anyway... great stuffs.
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:26 am
by KiLLSWiTCH
Wow, I love the first pic (The smiling baby). How did u do the hair? The hair curves are so smooth, and the shading effect is awesome! Good job!!!
Dhanad
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:40 pm
by pagol
mama komo ki bojta cina... JOSH koilay kom hoi..... ami r bhaloo WORD jani na..... ami jodi apnar 10% o partam tailay hoitoooo.... mama ami kichu koitay parta cna....
Really Fucking Awesome Work...

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:47 pm
by chhagol
Zaved mama... Eita aapni ki korlen? Photoshp to durer kotha amare jodi keu koy imagine korte tao ami parum na. r drwa korar to onek durer kotha. Apni ki fine arts er student naki??? Pura kothin banaisen mama...
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:01 pm
by zaved
Appology to everybody, I was poured with work in the office.
Zahid, you've got me! How are you dude?
KiLLSWiTCH, the hair is done in multuple layers. Multiple sizes of brushes were used and colors were chosen according to the shading. The smooth look was achieved by using the Photoshop CS2 path tool. The earlier version of PS doesn't have this I guess.
Pagol and chhagol, thanks to both of you.
I started this like 6 months back and still not finished. I've been working on this on and off.
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:14 pm
by asifshahid
Zaved bhai...RELOADED !!

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:51 am
by chhagol
Hmm... valo hoyechhe. Tobe eibar analogue dekhte chai Javed mama. Ei juge jodio analogue ochol. But analogue Remix kharap hobe na. Dakhen na, idaning shob old gaaner remix bair hoise. Oi rokom alnalogue remix bair korben. Dekhben manush kemne khay. Apnar dadar amoler ekta nosto picture scan koira up koira diben, r title diben analogue Remix. Remix er gondho pailei dekhben jhoke matal bangali kemne douraiya ashe. Remix bole kotha...
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:32 pm
by zaved
chhagol, ami post er matha mundu kichui bujhi nai
asif, thanks a bunch

Re: Digital drawings
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:11 pm
by ranabrt
Cool !!!