Alex Dukal Portfolio

Admin Notice, News, DD Events
Dukal
Full Name: Alex Dukal
Expertise: Artist

smasif wrote:this is freaking awesome Dukal. perfectly matched to the poem. btw are using AzDrawing for this? but I downloaded MangaStudio Ex 4.0. I thought Manga Studio is for these types of drawings. bit confused now :S. can you please differentiate?
many thanks
Thanks! Yep! the previous work was done with "Manga Studio Ex 4" but a colleague leave a comment in my blog mentioning "AzDrawing", so as I'm a curious person I download it and became in love inmediatly!
"Manga Studio Ex 4" is a commercial software focused on the creation of comics, it's plenty of great features like tools to draw in perspective, screentones, and that kind of things.
"AzDrawing" its a very very small and free software focused just on "Drawing" (or Inking, that's my case) ... and does it really well!
The interface isn't marvelous yet, hope the author keep working on that and in other minor details (like to accept language translations).
Also I created my own set of brushes and some new cursors (you can change the default cursor adding a Draw.cur file to the root).
Obviously that kind of programs work fine with a Wacom tablet.

Cheers!

asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

Dukal wrote: Thanks! Yep! the previous work was done with "Manga Studio Ex 4" but a colleague leave a comment in my blog mentioning "AzDrawing", so as I'm a curious person I download it and became in love inmediatly!
"Manga Studio Ex 4" is a commercial software focused on the creation of comics, it's plenty of great features like tools to draw in perspective, screentones, and that kind of things.
"AzDrawing" its a very very small and free software focused just on "Drawing" (or Inking, that's my case) ... and does it really well!
The interface isn't marvelous yet, hope the author keep working on that and in other minor details (like to accept language translations).
Also I created my own set of brushes and some new cursors (you can change the default cursor adding a Draw.cur file to the root).
Obviously that kind of programs work fine with a Wacom tablet.

Cheers!
aah! now I got it. perfect! thanks Dukal. lets see what can I do with it :D
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

a simple try with AzDrawing. coloring in PS. need more practice for better control.

Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
Dukal

smasif wrote:a simple try with AzDrawing. coloring in PS. need more practice for better control.
Ha ha very nice, the character remembers me Claire Bretcher drawings, and I like the choosen colors.
My girlfriend started to use AzDrawing yesterday too, and I see that when working at any zoom under 100% it's very hard to have continous lines, the best way to avoid broken lines is to work at 100%, also to use the canvas rotation is a great help! And I like the eraser tool using it with a good brush.
Keep doing it!
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba
Expertise: Jack of all, master of NONE

i'm just reader :( can't draw anything....

awesome .... DD really proud of u....
** KISS Principle **
sweetafroza
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Luthfunnahar Hussain
Expertise: Web Design

cant download those software :(
:)
amit
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Amit Mojumder

ya....good job Asif bhai....mia apni o bhalo drawing paren....khali ami e parlam na :(

keep going bro (Y)
http://amitmojumder.net (personal folio)
http://stepsg.com (design studio)
Dukal

Hello my friends,
I'm posting here some new illustrations, sketches and doodles from january / february 2011
It's just personal artwork, the other stuff I'm creating is for a commisioned book that I must to finish at the end of this month.
The first one is just and experiment, trying to paint over a stain (digital watercolour), with soft colors ...

... the next one is just a handful of sketches:

The following illustrations are from a serie with these two characters, the Soviet agent and the little death (both are bigger at Flickr):

Posted while listening the fabulous "Banda Conmoción"

Cheers!
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Partha Sarker

Excellent.. last one probably within a tannel..
sweetafroza
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Luthfunnahar Hussain

wow really really nice.. simply Excellent
:)
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba

wow.... its my nice good morning gift.... i really like those alot.... u r simply awesome..
** KISS Principle **
akela
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Abu Ali Farmidi

Mind blowing man...cheers.... :dd:
.?.FFU007.?.
amit
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Amit Mojumder

:dropjaw: :dropjaw: :dropjaw:
http://amitmojumder.net (personal folio)
http://stepsg.com (design studio)
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

thanks for posting recent works/experiments again. We always enjoy your works and find inspiration from these....liked the water color piece most....it would be helpful if you post some techniques for this when you find time....cheers! :D
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
Dukal

Hello my friends,
this is the book trailer (or a mix between the creation process and the finished book) of my new little book,
a mini album or mini picture book (the book is 12 x 12 cm but originals are aprox 50 cm wide).
Hope you like it!

[youtube][/youtube]

And this is a double page from the book:

Regards from the distant Patagonia!

Return to “DD Notice Board”