Alex Dukal Portfolio

Admin Notice, News, DD Events
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba
Expertise: Jack of all, master of NONE

i am speechless really .. i'm 100% poor about this... all i can say.. this awesome and awesome..

** KISS Principle **
nurulamin
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Nurul Amin Russel
Expertise: Web Design

Dukal wrote:Image

Just a quick capture of my desktop showing a Work in progress. It's part of the new book I'm working on.

Cheers!
cool workspace
Image Nurul Amin Russel
Image Dhaka, BD
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

Dukal, we are very grateful to you that you share your progress with us. It really mean something to us. Great going and nice desk too :D
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

awesome. hope this is done by this time. cheers!
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Partha Sarker

excellent.. can's say more... (B) (B)
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Tariq Julfiker
Expertise: Artist

Great work ... (B)
Dukal
Full Name: Alex Dukal

Hello my friends,
this is a screenshot of my screen this morning. I'm working on a reading book for childrens (a commissioned work).

A few days ago I made this illustration:

using "Manga Studio Ex", a fantastic piece of software! for comic artists but also for anyone interested in draw and ink with a (Wacom) tablet.
I used just the ink pen, drawing line per line (it takes me a whole day!)
After that I "discovered" another great software to do the same, but this one is very small, portable and freeware!
AzDrawing is located here:
http://sai.detstwo.com/smf/index.php?board=7.0
Its in Japanese and there's an english translation, but it's easy to translate to any lang using some "hack" tools (Resource Hacker).

Kind regards,

Alex
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

what should I say :dropjaw: Always inspiring. loving your new book. and heaps of thanks for the stuffs. downloading both of them. lets see how can I use those :D
double cheers!
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
Dukal

1. I updated the broken links in this thread.
2. The past month I started a blog where I post (not so frecuently) links, tutorials, tips, resources, etc.; all that stuff that I don't want to forget or to loose.
It's in spanish but using Google Translator you could have an idea of what I wrote:
Industrias Brocha Roja
3. Sorry if I'm not writing too much here, it's a difficult time to be productive! Too many distractions in our "digital life" ... e-mails, Facebook, blogs, Twitter, Flickr, Forums, portfolio, agencies, clients, amazing stuff from colleagues ... and out of all of that: our real life! cooking, breathing, drawing, walking, painting, practice Tai-Chi, pay the bills, etc.
4. This (video) slideshow shows the creation process of an illustration that I made a month ago for a Southamerican Magazine (El Gourmet). The process was a little bit different than my other works 'cause I started painting the final artwork in Photoshop without a previous sketch or drawing (I dismissed the sketches and ideas that I had).
The article that I illustrated was about the meaning of certain flavors or foods for each individual, so the ADN of that soup draws attention to the man walking down the street:

[youtube][/youtube]

Cheers!
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

this is great indeed the new site "Industrias Brocha Roja". It will really help us to follow and get all the resources at one time. And we are really glad that you are managing time to share your recent works, techniques and resources with us from your busy life. We really appreticiate your kind help. and Google Translator is great :D

cheers!
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
sweetafroza
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Luthfunnahar Hussain

very much impressed to see all that.. :). just excellent working desk.. love it
:)
amit
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Amit Mojumder

wowwwwww (R) (R)

Hey Alex....u know what!!...i just wonder how a human being draw like this......i wish if i could.......carry on mate....great job.
http://amitmojumder.net (personal folio)
http://stepsg.com (design studio)
Dukal

sweetafroza wrote:very much impressed to see all that.. :). just excellent working desk.. love it
amit wrote:Hey Alex....u know what!!...i just wonder how a human being draw like this......i wish if i could.......carry on mate....great job.
Thank you my friends! I'm glad you like it!

Last week I was trying an amazing freeware software called "AzDrawing" (it's Japanese but there's an english version). It's very small, freeware and portable, very nice to draw and ink with!
Well, I created this illustration with that software:

It's my (first) version of "Shock-headed Peter" the famous character from the picture book (by Heinrich Hoffman).
Here's a detailed view:

Just look at him! there he stands,
With his nasty hair and hands.
See! his nails are never cut;
They are grimed as black as soot;
And the sloven, I declare,
Never once has combed his hair;
Anything to me is sweeter
Than to see Shock-headed Peter.
Cheers!
ranabrt
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: HAFIJUL AMIN (Rana)
Expertise: Graphic Design

Amazing....... man ... fantastic work........ I will try AZPainter.... it looks cool...... & like the poem..... (Y)
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

this is freaking awesome Dukal. perfectly matched to the poem. btw are using AzDrawing for this? but I downloaded MangaStudio Ex 4.0. I thought Manga Studio is for these types of drawings. bit confused now :S. can you please differentiate?

many thanks
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺

Return to “DD Notice Board”