K. Zahidur Rahman

SPOTLIGHT is our new way of reaching out towards a designer/artist/animator with the Distorted Designers community. Here anyone can ask our nominated designer/artist/animator questions related to that designer’s or artist’s work, area of expertise.
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Tariq Julfiker
Expertise: Artist

Yes I got the answer ... thanks ... I am happy 4 your thinking process ... we r the power selves ...

Q. after 5 years Graphic design kon level a dhakta chan ba kon level a jaba bola apner mona hoy?

Q. what is the different between web design and graphic design?

amit
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Amit Mojumder
Expertise: Web Design

zahidur59 wrote:I heard somewhere that there are thousands of ants species and if any of them is suddenly removed, the whole ecological system on earth will eventually collapse for that. And there is this species that, if removed, all other species will flourish on earth. The later species is call human.

@Tariq -
We destroy our planet we r the number 1 enemy of our planet
- agreed. In a much longer term though.
there is only way to destroy human res to save the planet
- not sure. Cause we are currently in an impression that we can save or destroy the world which i don't agree with. We human can do nothing. We are not that significant. Not yet. Earth has been gone through a lot. For 2 billion years it handled much much much more worse than what we did in this few years of human history. Global worming, global flooding, ice age, solar storms, polar shift to name a few. Its is very egoistic for us to think that we are that important. WE ARE NOT. The global instability is a predefined condition of our solar system. If we are doing this when how come all the planet is going through this! See http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread221608/pg1

Very interesting reply Jahid bhai...and i am completely agree.

We human hv attributed some ideas on our livlihood....and from the beginning of some one's life one learns to think human are the greatest creature(Plz avoid religious point of view). What makes us think so? why we are so important to the whole SOLAR SYSTEM?
We all time credited ourselves as greatest creature...but why so?this is the thing......when we begin to speak about human race we think about highest 2500 years back.....but not 2 billion years?

Thats wht DARWIN was trying to tell in his "ORIGIN OF SPICES"......THE METAMORPHOSIS>>

If human can handle the global thing>>>>>then by this time......there would be 1000 WORLD created by Human, throughout the solar system. (Sorry for the bullshit guys, but cant help sharing after getting Zahid Bhai's point of view.)

Thanks.
http://amitmojumder.net (personal folio)
http://stepsg.com (design studio)
zahidur59
Full Name: Khandakar Zahidur Rahaman
Expertise: Jack of all, master of NONE

@amit - enjoyed your view.

@Tariq -
Q. after 5 years Graphic design kon level a dhakta chan ba kon level a jaba bola apner mona hoy? -
hate to be a little bit gloomy but Graphics Designing is a dead end job. You can only get better with your skill but you are still a graphics designer. Not that there is anything wrong with it. Akta plus point holo graphics designer der akta ability grow kore jeta dea closely related field e easily shift kora jay. Software line e hole Interaction Designing is a good field. I would suggest all the graphics designers like me to gain more knowledge on this if you want to push your career to next level in software field. Traditional medium(paper/film) e you can grow up to be a creative director.

Q. what is the different between web design and graphic design?
Web design is a subset of graphics design where you are restricted by or concentrate on some rules. Rules to make a design better fit in web environment.
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Tariq Julfiker
Expertise: Artist

nice answer ... but amar j ki hoy ami to kisui parina ... boss amara aktu training dian ...

Q. apni ai line a alan ki vaba?
zahidur59

Q. apni ai line a alan ki vaba?
Line er public tae ae line e asi.
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

zahidur59 wrote:@amit - enjoyed your view.
hate to be a little bit gloomy but Graphics Designing is a dead end job. You can only get better with your skill but you are still a graphics designer. Not that there is anything wrong with it. Akta plus point holo graphics designer der akta ability grow kore jeta dea closely related field e easily shift kora jay. Software line e hole Interaction Designing is a good field. I would suggest all the graphics designers like me to gain more knowledge on this if you want to push your career to next level in software field. Traditional medium(paper/film) e you can grow up to be a creative director.
I am agree Zahid bhai that Graphic Design is becoming more general field. But it is also true that its the jack of all.
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

Q: To you for Bangladeshi designers what is required most to do/practice good design? do you see any failure?
Q: In other way what is the suggestion from you to a new comer in design industry?

thanks
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Shabbir Hossain
Expertise: Other...

1. Do you think DD has bright future in Bangladesh in near future?
2. What should be the next step for DD you would like to see?
3. Which feature or which activity of DDs' you like most? And which are you dont like or follow?
4. I think DD can arrange video or audio interview instead of Spotlight or can be run both at the same time. What is your thoughts about it?
Shabbir
zahidur59

Q: To you for Bangladeshi designers what is required most to do/practice good design? do you see any failure?
Its a bit complicated when you mention "for Bangladeshi designers". In general BD designers should do/practice what all designers around the world does. I could go with the lack of institutional problems but in this internet age that's not much of a problem. Now for the bangladeshi agnle, a failure or restriction, as i think is the missing sense of the other culture around the world. As we banglai designers have to deal with the out sourced designing task around the world, we sometime fail to really understand the taste of the culture of these other countries, which IS a big deal.

Q: In other way what is the suggestion from you to a new comer in design industry?
Gather as much knowledge as you can and practice practice and practice. You may suck when compared to some other more experienced ones but that's a condition that all must go through including the experienced one. Now i might sound like an old Chinese master but that's what i believe in.
some other suggestions -
- Watch cartoon.
- Browse through others works.
- Try to do an exact copy of a favorite design. Very important. This will point you out where you lack and force you to learn new techniques.
- Gather comments on your work.
That's all i can come up with for now.
ay_nipa
Full Name: Ayesha Khatun

congrats Zahid vai.. :)
think positive, be optimistic....
zahidur59

Great set of questions Shabbir Bhai.

1. Do you think DD has bright future in Bangladesh in near future?
I always believe in great future of DD in Bangladesh and judging by the activities I have seen( though i failed to be physically present), Its going in a great direction. In near future? that depends on all the members. They can take it there.

2. What should be the next step for DD you would like to see?
My view is to have a physical presence. I mean a registered organization. May be in near future, DD would start publishing a magazine. Paper version. A magazine strictly focused on designers only. I think that's missing in Bangladesh.

3. Which feature or which activity of DDs' you like most? And which are you dont like or follow?
I'm not sure what to answer on this one. I haven't found anything I don't like here. Yet :D

4. I think DD can arrange video or audio interview instead of Spotlight or can be run both at the same time. What is your thoughts about it?
Excellent idea you have there. Two as separate events though. As each of them have different outcomes. for example Spotlight is more interactive than a video would be.
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

zahidur59 wrote: - Try to do an exact copy of a favorite design. Very important. This will point you out where you lack and force you to learn new techniques.
This really helps. If you have spark then you will see you are not copying, you are adding your view/skill to it.

thanks Zahid bhai for the answers
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

zahidur59 wrote: 2. What should be the next step for DD you would like to see?
My view is to have a physical presence. I mean a registered organization. May be in near future, DD would start publishing a magazine. Paper version. A magazine strictly focused on designers only. I think that's missing in Bangladesh.
we have a plan - hidden :D just need manpower. and DD will be the good source of contents for the magazine.
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

Q: What's the most challenging part of your work?
Q: How do you keep your creative life when you're working under pressure?
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Partha Sarker

Congratulation!!!........ Sorry for late response... :)

Return to “SPOTLIGHT”