Printing Resources - Dhaka

Discuss on topics related to Art or Design. Inappropriate topics will be moved to their respective sections.
tanm
Full Name: Kazi Rubaiat Imam
Expertise: Design Manager

We've compiled a list of printers on our Google Spreadsheet for the printers we use... wonder if it'd be alright to have a list going here where you can have names, contacts and specialties of printing companies.

We're especially having trouble getting our ID cards printed properly. Though we're using a base design which printed well in the past, recent trials have all failed... and I am talking going through 4 or 5 print places! Would welcome recommendations for that!

Cheers guys.

Tanm

Kowsar Ahmed
Full Name: Kowsar Ahmed
Expertise: Graphic Design

Bhai printing je koto jalache ami r ki bolbo...............aj porzonto amr mon moto printing pai ni, bujte pari na bhul ta ki amr naki printinger.
i print out the output from my printer .........the colour is ok bt when it comes from the press the colour comes out so fade........................i feel laike to throw out. if i complains they say .........this is the best they can do.

Help with suggestions
Design is Realization of an Idea
tanm

What kind of material are you printing on? what are you working with?
We mostly print out banners (pvc) and some amount of flyers and business cards. We are going with another trial for ID cards now. Wish us luck! :skull:

Tanm
amit
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Amit Mojumder
Expertise: Web Design

@ Khawsar Bhai

The problem u faced every time because of color settings. If you design anything for printing, u better use CMYK color mode. If you designing something in RGB and then print, the color would usually fades. Printing colors are real world colors which is used for visual designs. Monitors color are not real world color.....they are mixed up with monitor fluorescent and thats why they look awesomely bright and glossy. so dont be deceived by the RGB colors. Hope this will solve our problems. another thing is, designing for printing a bit of challenging than the WEB. cz resolution. if you design something for printing you must design it in 300 DPI. not less than this, otherwise your print output gonna suck. :D

@Tanm bhai>> you can try katabon or Aziz super market, there are numbers of great printing houses who produce absolutely great print works.
http://amitmojumder.net (personal folio)
http://stepsg.com (design studio)
Kowsar Ahmed
Full Name: Kowsar Ahmed
Expertise: Graphic Design

Amit Bhai.................i always design in CMYK mode...................i know those basic things. but still Pvc printing's output doesnt come properly.
Design is Realization of an Idea
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

Kowsar Ahmed wrote:Amit Bhai.................i always design in CMYK mode...................i know those basic things. but still Pvc printing's output doesnt come properly.
color will vary material to material- pvc, matt paper, glossy paper bla bla. one suggestion could be- make some color boxes in illustrator with cmyk values. suppose you use mostly this orange- C0 M70 Y100 K0. print it with some other values of oranges like- M60 Y100 and M80 Y100 and analyze which one matches with your one, at least close to your one. Printers will be happy to print this for your as a color guideline. changing printers will vary the output. cheers.
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
mahbubulislam
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Mahbubul Islam

Asif bhai, you are right. this is good idea!

Thanks
bappy
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: MD GOLAM MOHIT MOHIT BAPPY

nice thread observation gila valo lagche
B2P
Sumon
Full Name: Liakat Patwary

Kowsar Ahmed wrote:Bhai printing je koto jalache ami r ki bolbo...............aj porzonto amr mon moto printing pai ni, bujte pari na bhul ta ki amr naki printinger.
i print out the output from my printer .........the colour is ok bt when it comes from the press the colour comes out so fade........................i feel laike to throw out. if i complains they say .........this is the best they can do.

Help with suggestions
Kowsar vai, apni kon print a specially problem a portasen? Press or Digital Printing, which?
Please akta design attach koran jata printing a problem hoyase.
---
Liakat Patwary
Sr. Web Designer
e-mail: liakatdtp@gmail.com
web: http://www.liakatdtp.com
tanm

smasif wrote: color will vary material to material- pvc, matt paper, glossy paper bla bla. one suggestion could be- make some color boxes in illustrator with cmyk values. suppose you use mostly this orange- C0 M70 Y100 K0. print it with some other values of oranges like- M60 Y100 and M80 Y100 and analyze which one matches with your one, at least close to your one. Printers will be happy to print this for your as a color guideline. changing printers will vary the output. cheers.

That sounds like a good idea considering the samples I am getting back for the ID cards we're trying to do now. the only other problem is getting the photographs right. We had taken photos from each employee and they are of different quality. For better control over quality, its best to have pictures taken locally at one studio or in the office with our own camera.

Going from what you said, we're going to print a few strips of colors on a card, and print 6 photographs on the back with varying levels of attributes. Lets see what they bring back.

Tanm
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Tariq Julfiker
Expertise: Artist

ami bashi akta jhamalata porina sadharonoto ... ami digital and press dutai print kori ... ar baira aching, dry point, wood cut, lino cut, lithograph, skin print ... i min relief, intaglio and digital process shob pari ... I love print and print making ... ami khali cutting a duiakbar dhora khisi ... r dg ta pasting a ... print ar protita stape e important ... press print a khali output and color sikla hoba na ... kon kagoj kon machine a print korta hoy tao janta hoba ... ie. MO, Hassi, Coed etc for press ... toba tulona mulok vaba digital machine ta shaka shohoj ...

Return to “Graphic Design/Art Discussion”