When you first feel you are a designer?

Discuss on topics related to Art or Design. Inappropriate topics will be moved to their respective sections.
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Partha Sarker
Expertise: Web Design

I request all the DD members to describe their experience to move yourself as a designer ...

lets start...

asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

I used to do art from my childhood (I mentioned several times here :P). But when I felt I should call myself as a designer is interesting :) I drew lot of fan arts(James) when I got my first computer in 2000. but I designed a cover page for a well known college of Dhaka. That was my first commercial design. So in a sense I can consider myself as a designer from that day. But I didn't feel. I also designed a logo for a department of a govt. university in 2001. That also didn't give me the feel of a designer. I considered myself as a student, design is my hobby.

When I started working with some of my university friend together prior 2003 for our own company (Ulterious), my post was designer. From then when I worked continuously for clients I started considering myself as a designer. One day I saw an advertisement in a newspaper asking for a full time designer(graphic/web didn't mentioned) probably in 2004. I called them just for curiosity. I asked for salary. They said 12,000 tk. From then I got the confidence of what I was doing. And started to introduce myself as a designer to everywhere though I am a student of Computer Engineering.

So if anyone ask me from when I design? I say from 2000.

Thanks partha bhai for this nice thread. This type of thread I appreciate because it carries designer's strength. (R) :dd:
Last edited by asifshahid on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba
Expertise: Jack of all, master of NONE

ami akono neje k designer money kori nah................ ami feel kori ami akono designing a kichu jani nah................

if u ask me how i get in this sector... then i will answer.............. i don;t know.............. i like computer... that;s it......
** KISS Principle **
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Partha Sarker
Expertise: Web Design

I first started using computer at our coaching center at Khulna. Its beginning of 1994. That time I came to Dhaka for designing SSC and HSC final coaching brochure for our couching and I introduced with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop at POWERPRINT, Purana Paltan, and its the turn of my life... I started practicing Photoshop and Illustrator.

At year 2000 after completing my MSC (Biology) I came to dhaka and started my carrier as Hardware Technician. But it was temporary job, I moved at IUBAT as Asst. Lab In charge but could not figure myself and was very depressed about future. Then I planed to move myself as designer or animator and started heavy practicing with related tools. That time I got a job as Web and Graphic Designer at Lambda (BD). and I found I can do better designing.

After changing one job I reached at ORBIS LTD. as designer and start thinking myself as Professional Designer because Orbis is a very professional design house (#1 pharmaceutical printing design house) and I got a guru DIPU da as our design head, who helped me for color choosing, shape building, dyecut, using different form etc. Now I am Lead Graphic Designer at desme Inc.

Return to “Graphic Design/Art Discussion”