Difference between drawing and designing

Discuss on topics related to Art or Design. Inappropriate topics will be moved to their respective sections.
akela
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Abu Ali Farmidi
Expertise: Jack of all, master of NONE

pagol wrote:hee heee tailay cholen akta new thread open kori "what is the difference between Drawing and Designing" and deki k k chepai pori.... ( kidding)

There has no difference between Designing & Drawing ( In my point of view )…coz when u r a web designer u have to think about a web template which u make draw or ur concept comes forward with digital drawing…and finally ur design comes forward…so as an art designer/web designer/graphics designer/what ever else simply walk throw sketch/concept draw…ultimately focused by a design. So drawing is the part of designing…& this the main aspect for a Designer..isnt it.?.what others thinks ab it…lets see……….. :D

.?.FFU007.?.
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

actually there is nothing to be differentiated with Drawing and Designing. These are two different concepts. We can discuss with Drawing and Illustration. Drawing is kind of expressions or art which express anything. but Illustration usually tells a story or can be a summary of a stroy. Illustration has commercial applications where art/design has less. say for example: you can draw a human figure in your sketchbook/office note book- this is art or drawing. when this human figure will be used in a book cover (like: how to draw human figures) for mass production then it would be a illustration. Either you just use the drawing in raw format or illustrate again with the help of software. But in the book there will be lot of drawings, texts, page numbers, headlines and many more things which are organized in such a way and also managed by a software is Design. So I think its little bit clear what is art/drawing, illustration and design. If I am wrong pls correct me. Thanks
Last edited by asifshahid on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Shabbir Hossain
Expertise: Other...

hmmmm noted :-)
Shabbir
sweetafroza
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Luthfunnahar Hussain
Expertise: Web Design

u r right asif
:)
ay_nipa
Full Name: Ayesha Khatun

well said asif vai...:)
think positive, be optimistic....
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba

Bhaloooooooooooo Bolaychen.... Choudhury S.M. Asif bhai.............
** KISS Principle **
ay_nipa
Full Name: Ayesha Khatun

vhul hoyeche Choudhury S.M. shahid Asif bhai...........
think positive, be optimistic....
KiLLSWiTCH

Smasif is right. well explained...just one part where I would like to add some more information...drawing does have commercial applications but not the drawing you do in our notebook when u are bored in office :P. Drawing is the root of whatever final product you make. Lets say in case of web-designing most of us would draw on our sketchbook to visualize how the final site may look like. Now imagine the movie Lord Of The Rings....the directors didnt just come up with those breath-taking scenes...they are usually visualized or drawn by the movie's concept artists and writers. Once drawn and approved they are tweaked, perfected so that they can be used commercially as concept artworks or supporting materials. Now some ppl call these illustrations because as smasif already said...illustration is a refined work of a concept drawing or sketch which now has more depth and story in it and that is more presentable to general audience. Depends from situation to situation...

Design cannot be compared with drawing in any circumstances (anybody can correct me if i am wrong). The reason is design is an arrangement of various elements that are put together in one place in a nice and presentable manner. Lets bring the Lord Of The Rings example here...we can use that nice artwork of that movie on a DVD cover...but just using the artwork on a DVD cover might not be presentable enough for getting people to buy the dvd so we would add some relevant information like movie name, some fancy or catchy phrase, etc...maybe some design elements surrounding the artwork as well...so you can see we are using several elements and composing something that might have more meaning for intended purpose...in this case the purpose is marketing the movie.
So much to eat, so little time !
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

nice dhanad. it clears more (Y)
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba

kordomukto akash abong magachonooo matay apnio bhaloooooooooo bolaychen...............Kodha Box KiLLSWiTCH
** KISS Principle **
chhagol
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Mamun Khandaker

Babare shobai to dekhi onek jane... Jara beshi jane tader k jeno ek kothay ki bole???
MAMUN KHANDAKER
Technical Lead
Monstarlab Bangladesh Ltd.
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Shabbir Hossain
Expertise: Other...

Dhanad I 100% agree with you.
Shabbir

Return to “Graphic Design/Art Discussion”