DIV and CSS Issues...

chhagol
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Mamun Khandaker

There have lots of problems been reported about div and css. I've seen almost everyone's having the same problem about tableless layouts. As per my knowledge, i've seen most of them occur only because of wrong placement of css in the wrong place. And few among these happen because of the different types of browsers. Div is quite a sophisticated tag that hardly keep itself in shape if coded wrong. Most of the people reported that the div has broken outta shape but the code seemed to be fine. It has also been reported that the div doesn't increase as the page content increases though the height was either auto or no height at all. But it was supposed to increase along with the content. Well, there are lot more things about the div thing but now my question is, How do u guys solve poroblems as such??? I came over all these problems and solved all of them with no browser issues. But I need to know if there's any other way to solve these problems... Please, discuss u'r div and css experiences here. If u have a solution, through here even if u have a problem also, pls don't hesitate to submit...

TEACH AND LEARN...

MAMUN KHANDAKER
Technical Lead
Monstarlab Bangladesh Ltd.
nurulamin
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Nurul Amin Russel
Expertise: Web Design

I am not that much expert in css and so facing these issues all the time and finally i am learning google's blueprint css framework - I think css framework is a good solution for expert like me ;)
Image Nurul Amin Russel
Image Dhaka, BD
chhagol
DD Addict
DD Addict

For framework u need lots of css files. There are few things that u'll never need. So, i'll say, this will be full of data redundancy. The page I can do with a 6kb css, the same thing u will do (using framework) with 100 kb or heavier css... Is that good enough???
MAMUN KHANDAKER
Technical Lead
nurulamin
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Nurul Amin Russel

blueprint is 10kb - so not so big I think
Image Nurul Amin Russel
Image Dhaka, BD
chhagol
DD Addict
DD Addict

Oh... taile amar kachhe jeta ache eita onno kichhu but size onek boro r 7-8 ta CSS file achhe oitar moddhe... Jaak, jaader div and css niye shomossa achhe othoba kono problem er solution achhe tara kichhu boluk eikhane...
MAMUN KHANDAKER
Technical Lead
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba
Expertise: Jack of all, master of NONE

amar bhai purai problem... Div mani Ie6 r IE6 mani Chepai........................ ok thanks for posting.. ami deki ki problem post kora jai... but bhalo bhalo kichu framework asay ogla use kora jai.... majay majay.....

oooo akta chepa mama.... only DIV diya form make korar best way konta.. ami kori but best way jantay chai...
** KISS Principle **
mahbubulislam
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Mahbubul Islam

ami bhai akhono table neye kaj kori :( . Tobe DIV and CSS neye puro dome kaj korbo. so sobar help dorkar hobe.
chhagol
DD Addict
DD Addict

pagol wrote: oooo akta chepa mama.... only DIV diya form make korar best way konta.. ami kori but best way jantay chai...
Pagol vai, as far as I know, forms are know to be Tabular formats. These things should be done with tables only. Even if the site is totally div based, u can use table for forms. I've seen it in many where. Again, u can do the whole thing with div. not much difficult but sometimes it breaks up the shape and alignment. U need to do a little too much coding for this... That's why I actually use table for forms... Still if someone wants to make it table less then they can use the following tags... ul, li, dt, dl, span, label, div etc...
MAMUN KHANDAKER
Technical Lead
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Partha Sarker

DIV nia amio kisu kaj korsi.. kintu difficult for cross browser compatibility.. Also no proper guideline for using same div for IE5 and FF or other browser..

Thanks
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

parthasarker wrote:DIV nia amio kisu kaj korsi.. kintu difficult for cross browser compatibility.. Also no proper guideline for using same div for IE5 and FF or other browser..

Thanks
exactly. amio kichudin kaj korechi, i mean shikha shuru korsilam...but browser compatibility ta khub prob korse....ashole IE, FF, Opera,Safari hen-ten shobar ekta kichu follow kora uchit. developer der kono bhabei eto kichu follow kora possible na....hope emon kichu ber hoye jabe....
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺

Return to “CSS”