Partha Sarker

SPOTLIGHT is our new way of reaching out towards a designer/artist/animator with the Distorted Designers community. Here anyone can ask our nominated designer/artist/animator questions related to that designer’s or artist’s work, area of expertise.
amit
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Amit Mojumder
Expertise: Web Design

amar motamot ta aktu different.

designer manei j sudhu akta special tools diya kaj kora ba boro maner artist der follow kora ami ta mone korina. ha ata thik...akjon rising designer r jonno established designer der design follow kora ta FOROZ....karon ata sikha jai khub taratari........ the word designer comes from DESIGN which means arrange something(objects) in right(proper) order....so when u r arranging something in order....u have to think about composition.........u have to use ur creative realm of ur brain cz ur ultimate target for arranging things in order is simple which is just creating an aesthetical view of that thing.thats the things a designer deals with.In this sense there is no difference between designer and artist.

An artist is that person who creates ART.so everything creative is not necessarily a design but art.like, akjon actor..o kintu artist...akjon singer o artist.

so, we can conclude like that: "Every designer is artist but not every artist is designer."

Thanks.

http://amitmojumder.net (personal folio)
http://stepsg.com (design studio)
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Tariq Julfiker
Expertise: Artist

amit wrote:amar motamot ta aktu different.

designer manei j sudhu akta special tools diya kaj kora ba boro maner artist der follow kora ami ta mone korina. ha ata thik...akjon rising designer r jonno established designer der design follow kora ta FOROZ....karon ata sikha jai khub taratari........ the word designer comes from DESIGN which means arrange something(objects) in right(proper) order....so when u r arranging something in order....u have to think about composition.........u have to use ur creative realm of ur brain cz ur ultimate target for arranging things in order is simple which is just creating an aesthetical view of that thing.thats the things a designer deals with.In this sense there is no difference between designer and artist.

An artist is that person who creates ART.so everything creative is not necessarily a design but art.like, akjon actor..o kintu artist...akjon singer o artist.

so, we can conclude like that: "Every designer is artist but not every artist is designer."

Thanks.
KHOUB GOSANO AND SUNDOR LIKSAN ... AMI APNER SHATA AKMOT ... SUDU R AKTU ADD KORTA CHI ... AMADER AI UPOMOHADASHA ATR MEANS KALA JA 16 KALA TA BIVOKTO ... AI 16 KALAR SOBAI E ARTIST ... JODIO AR MODHA SHOBTHAKA SOKTISALI MADHOM DANCES(PERFORMANCES ART) R VISUAL ARTIST RA AI 16 KALA AR SHOB GULAI COM BASHE ROPTO KORA ... AI VISUAL ART AKHON ABAR DUI VAGA VAG HOISA POP(POPULAR ART, CRAFT, APPLIED ART, DECORATIVE ART) AND CREATIVE ART(SPIRITUAL, MARXIAN, CONCEPTUAL, APPLIED ART) R ARTIST RA SOBIR NANDONIK GOON PLASTIC GOON AISHOB GULA BOLTA ASHOLA DESIGN GUNKA BOJA ... TAI AMAR MONA HOY Every designer is artist but not every artist is designer AI KOTHA ATO SPOSTO VABA BOLA JAI NA ... cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

good discussion going on (R)

I am very agree with Amit and Tariq bhai...very nice point you discussed and tried to clear the fact....amio amar thought pesh korte chai :) -

I have searched lot to find the difference between a artist and a designer before. To me - artists are more into self-worker. they do their work for themselves. they rarely think for others when they create their piece. they are guided by their own rule, own feelings, own passion and own vision. They are not bound to explain their thoughts to others. And they can play with whatever they want, whatever the tools.

On the other hand designers are more into functionality. There must lays a purpose to create any design. It must work anyway. Designs are created based on some need. You can't do whatever you want. It should satisfy the target audience, as well as the client. They are bound to express their thoughts to their clients/audience.

both of their - designers' and artists' purpose, procedure, judgment, criterion and audience is different though they sounds same :)

ya designers are using tools/softwares to create their piece. it's obvious. But artists are also using tools. don't you believe? :D ya they use and these are - Brushes, Colors, canvas, pencils, erasers, painting knives and so on and on :lol:

I don't see any point to emphasize an Artists than a Designer or vise-versa. both of them are using their brain to create their piece. it's not a easy job anyway. However artistic skill helps designers to make their product more better that I feel from my experience.

I also don't agree with the statements: "Every artist is a designer but not every designer is an artist" OR "Every designer is an artist but not every artist is a designer".
apne computer ee jodi "Monalisa" type kichu create koren tahole oitao ekta art. not necessary je apnake rong-tuli ee use korte hobe...Zainul Abedin er time ee Photoshop chilona....thakle oita diyeo dekten ki ki piece create kore jaito....unar shomoye ja ja medium(water color, sketch, charcoal, oil painting etc.) available chilo shob kichu diyei hoyto eke gesen. So photoshop use kore aklei je apne artist na... ta ami bolte raji na....you are digital artist....sherokom bhabei kono client jodi amake bole ekta canvas ee unar book cover ta eke dite with oil-painting....tahole ami bolbo oita design....I am serving my client, whatever the medium is. pore uni chobi tule oita boi ee use korbe...that's his wish...shei khetre ami take bhalo-mondo suggest korte pari based on my expertise....what's the big deal??

cheers!

(R)
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
amit
Proud Member
Proud Member

Thanks Tariq Bhai and Asif bhai .....for inspiring participation.

In Asif Bhai's opinion its much more clear that difference between an artist and designer is more of PURPOSE. Yes, behind art there normally have no purpose but in case of design the scenario is upside down.

In fact, ART is a HUGE thing.Its the biggest stuff in the abstract world.if u concentrate on the definition of art u see "ART IS THE DELIBERATE PRESENTATION OF ELEMENTS IN A WAY THAT EFFECTS OUR EMOTIONS."

so when a designer designing something as per client's requirements, it could be an ART. A designer is basically an artist as he is playing with the emotions,feelings etc.so i dont see any problem to conclude "every designer is an artist but not every artist is a designer."

Cheers (R) (R) (R)

P.S:I appreciate some thoughts.
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member

amit wrote:Thanks Tariq Bhai and Asif bhai .....for inspiring participation.

In Asif Bhai's opinion its much more clear that difference between an artist and designer is more of PURPOSE. Yes, behind art there normally have no purpose but in case of design the scenario is upside down.

In fact, ART is a HUGE thing.Its the biggest stuff in the abstract world.if u concentrate on the definition of art u see "ART IS THE DELIBERATE PRESENTATION OF ELEMENTS IN A WAY THAT EFFECTS OUR EMOTIONS."

so when a designer designing something as per client's requirements, it could be an ART. A designer is basically an artist as he is playing with the emotions,feelings etc.so i dont see any problem to conclude "every designer is an artist but not every artist is a designer."

Cheers (R) (R) (R)

P.S:I appreciate some thoughts.
"ART IS THE DELIBERATE PRESENTATION OF ELEMENTS IN A WAY THAT EFFECTS OUR EMOTIONS."
aita onak purano dilog gular akta ... apni akjon artist ar name lakhan j designer na and kano na ta likhan ...
amit
Proud Member
Proud Member

:D

Onakkkkkkkk...like Al Pacino, BOB Marley, >>>>They r of course Artists but not designer.

kano na? i think i have already told this twice.

J ART banai se artist like music, dancing, acting, design etc.

r j only design kore se designer.

Thanks.
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member

amit wrote::D

Onakkkkkkkk...like Al Pacino, BOB Marley, >>>>They r of course Artists but not designer.

kano na? i think i have already told this twice.

J ART banai se artist like music, dancing, acting, design etc.

r j only design kore se designer.

Thanks.
thanks ami thik ai bishoy tai clear hota chitasilam ... apni jader kotha bolsan tara kokhono taka poisha lov lalosha fame popularity palla palli ashober pisona sotanai ... tara not only silpi but also mohan silpi ...

DESIGNER = client + taka + creativity + feelings
Artist = creativity + feelings

so "every designer is an artist but not every artist is a designer." mona thakba amar

ashola ki janan Artist der nijader designer proman korar dorkar nai ba Artist rao nijader designer manta chyna ... but Designer ra chance pailai nijader artist banai fala ... r ai bapara artist der kono matha batha nai ... artist ra hoy onak uder ... bd ta designer hota karo bashe time lagana ... lakh a akjon Artist hoy kina sondaho ...

Amit vhai onakdin por apner shatha kotha bola khub aram pailam ... khub govir monar manush apni ... apner akta gift roilo amar kasa ... akdin nia jayan ...

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Partha Sarker

Nice comments.. Tariq bhai... My view, I never try to be an artist.. because thats not my part.. I do design for some passion and for my job...

otherwise.. I am fine to be a graphic operator..

:)
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member

parthasarker wrote:Nice comments.. Tariq bhai... My view, I never try to be an artist.. because thats not my part.. I do design for some passion and for my job...

otherwise.. I am fine to be a graphic operator..

sure but ur my BOSS
amit
Proud Member
Proud Member

Tariq wrote: thanks ami thik ai bishoy tai clear hota chitasilam ... apni jader kotha bolsan tara kokhono taka poisha lov lalosha fame popularity palla palli ashober pisona sotanai ... tara not only silpi but also mohan silpi ...

DESIGNER = client + taka + creativity + feelings

so "every designer is an artist but not every artist is a designer." mona thakba amar

ashola ki janan Artist der nijader designer proman korar dorkar nai ba Artist rao nijader designer manta chyna ... but Designer ra chance pailai nijader artist banai fala ... r ai bapara artist der kono matha batha nai ... artist ra hoy onak uder ... bd ta designer hota karo bashe time lagana ... lakh a akjon Artist hoy kina sondaho ...

Amit vhai onakdin por apner shatha kotha bola khub aram pailam ... khub govir monar manush apni ... apner akta gift roilo amar kasa ... akdin nia jayan ...

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow....gift?.....hahaa...thanks a lot.....ok akdin nebo apnar kash thaka......

r govir moner manush kina janina...but amar onnotomo prodhan akta kaj hosse chinta kora.... :D

Thanks for comments Tariq bhai
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

tariq wrote: DESIGNER = client + taka + creativity + feelings
hundred percent agree with you.
tariq wrote:but Designer ra chance pailai nijader artist banai fala
banabe na keno...as per above equation(if you agree) they got all that an artist have. hehehe :lol:

jai hok moja pailam shob milaye....jodio onek kichui ekhono clear na abt difference between art and design...contradictory onek statement...emotion ekhono attached discussion ee....ei topic ta not only BD te hot, but also worldwide....mojar mojar onek debate hoy erokom...and onek kichu ber hoye ashe...which is good :D

amar mote shobar ee kaj kore jete hobe...shobai shobar kach theke shikhbe....pasha-pashi jar jedilke interest oi bishoye study korbe to increase their knowledgebase...

cheers!
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

okay eibar question er pala - to partha bhai again :D

What is creativity/creative to you? according to that - "bhai ami to creative na" ei bepar gula apne kibhabe dekhen?

many thanks
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

smasif wrote:okay eibar question er pala - to partha bhai again :D

What is creativity/creative to you? according to that - "bhai ami to creative na" ei bepar gula apne kibhabe dekhen?

many thanks
What is creativity/creative to you?
A: My view, presenting your idea somehow beyond the box means creative.. as we are designer.. design something new which is very prominent and focused with the sense and gives a strong message to community, can be the creative work.. but the new idea without any message or not relative your goal may be good but not creative design..

I did some printing materials which were appreciated ...

Some others work like..

they all are with strong message...

thanks
zimamoon
Full Name: Zahirul Islam Mamoon
Expertise: Graphic Design

Partho bhi, kemon asen?
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted