S. M. Shabbir Hossain

SPOTLIGHT is our new way of reaching out towards a designer/artist/animator with the Distorted Designers community. Here anyone can ask our nominated designer/artist/animator questions related to that designer’s or artist’s work, area of expertise.
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Shabbir Hossain
Expertise: Other...

Tariq wrote:S. M. Shabbir Hossain vai apni akjon designer ar kon jinish gula thaka thik na mona koran?
amar mone hoy designer der kokhono mone kora uchit na j ami shob shikhe felsi or shob pari. creativity jinishta keu kokhono shikte pare na...eta onek ta by born chole ashe. You can not share your creativity with others. Creativity has to come from your own mind.

chotoder thekeo onek kichu shikhar ache... so nijer onek experience ache tai bole j ami junior or fresh designer theke kichu shikbo na ta kintu thik na. We should learn from them what we dont know. Ami ekhono onek kichu shikhi...time pelei kichu shikhar try kori...even ami DD thekeo onek kichu shikhechi :-)

Shabbir
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

smasif wrote:Q: and ekjon designer er ki design education background thaka uchit?
I dont think so...cause i am not from design related background :-) but of course education background thaka bhalo no doubt about it.
Shabbir
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba
Expertise: Jack of all, master of NONE

Q. deshi client disadvantage ki ki.. and advantage ki........ apnar motey......

Q. foreign client disadvantage ki ki.. and advantage ki........ apnar motey......

Q. biya korey prem kora bhalo naki prem korey biya kora bhalo :) heee heeeeeeee
** KISS Principle **
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

shabbir wrote: amar mone hoy designer der kokhono mone kora uchit na j ami shob shikhe felsi or shob pari. creativity jinishta keu kokhono shikte pare na...eta onek ta by born chole ashe. You can not share your creativity with others. Creativity has to come from your own mind.

chotoder thekeo onek kichu shikhar ache... so nijer onek experience ache tai bole j ami junior or fresh designer theke kichu shikbo na ta kintu thik na. We should learn from them what we dont know. Ami ekhono onek kichu shikhi...time pelei kichu shikhar try kori...even ami DD thekeo onek kichu shikhechi :-)
Very positive (B)
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

shabbir wrote: I dont think so...cause i am not from design related background :-) but of course education background thaka bhalo no doubt about it.
yes I also feel same. coz we didn't have any dedicated design education school in our country. Ar jao ache tao onek dik diye onek problem, specially in terms of "society". Tobe design school gula te 4 yrs ee ja shikhano hoy tar onek kichui amra onek kosto kore, unplanned way te shikhechi...and shob shikhe uthte parinai...So design education background hole bhalo...At least you won't miss the basics. :asskisser:
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

Okay Next question:

Is there any need of Design Manager in a company where design team exists?
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

pagol wrote:Q. deshi client disadvantage ki ki.. and advantage ki........ apnar motey......

Q. foreign client disadvantage ki ki.. and advantage ki........ apnar motey......

Q. biya korey prem kora bhalo naki prem korey biya kora bhalo :) heee heeeeeeee
egulo apni amar theke bhalo answer korte parben...tao kori joto tuku gayen ache :-)

#1.
deshi client disadvantages:
a) most of the client non technical
b) most of them are less bother about good design
c) money transaction is so bad
d) you will always get half requirements and rest of the requirements you will get on the fly during the development
e) there is a chance to rebuild/redesign the whole project again if their CTO or CEO has changed their mind suddenly :-)
f) you will never get a conceit requirements from local clients
g) after completing the project your life will be hell to giving supports :-)

deshi client advantages
a) communication is very easy
b) you might get more client through your existing local client.

#2.
foreign client disadvantages:
a) money transfer a bit hard
b) you can't trust on your client 100%
c) sometimes communication is a problem

foreign client advantages
a) most of them are educated and very technical
b) you will get 95% requirements on the beginning
c) most of them know what is good design...they respect creative stuffs
d) if deliver a successful project then you will get lots more from that client.

#3 er answer onek rokom hote pare... apni konta shunle khushi hoben :-) eita niye face to face alap kora bhalo i guess :wink:
Shabbir
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

smasif wrote:Okay Next question:

Is there any need of Design Manager in a company where design team exists?
Just to be specific, Manager, Team Lead etc almost the same responsibilities they usually carry. It depends what type of team you have in your company. Let me give a scenario. Say you have 5 junior/fresh designers in your company. They have no idea about how the team goes? they have no idea how the business world runs, they have no knowledge how they need to start. So at that point you must need a Team lead or Design Manager whatever you give title on them. But if your company has all the senior level and experienced designer then its a meaningless to have a Manager or Team lead. hope you got your answer.
Shabbir
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted

What if you've got 5 experienced designer in a company with different tasks?
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Tariq Julfiker
Expertise: Artist

amar mone hoy designer der kokhono mone kora uchit na j ami shob shikhe felsi or shob pari. creativity jinishta keu kokhono shikte pare na...eta onek ta by born chole ashe. You can not share your creativity with others. Creativity has to come from your own mind.

I agree ... atathik creativity protaker nijar bapar ... but sobai ashola creative konona kono vaba ... abar kou chila tar creativity skill baratapara ... and ami mona kori kou kou asa jara onno k tar creative skill ar shata porichoy koria dita para and tar skill baria dita para ... r ai skill achieve ar janno kisu process ar vitor dia gala subida hoy ...

Shabbir vai ami mona kori popular art and creative art alada besoy ... i.e akjon pop artist ar creative art na janlao chola but creative artist k must pop art janta hoy ... apni bisoy ta kamon vaba dhakan ...
amit
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Amit Mojumder
Expertise: Web Design

Shabbir Bhai.....apni to mia jei hare copaitasen....already super hit spotlight of DD ever......Con grates.

Yes i do appreciate your thought, your imagination and ur motivating appeal to a new designer.you are only few in DD by whom i got inspired most at the very beginning while i was starting my career as an web designer.i do adore your thought and vision and its very nice to have u in DD.

Stay with us and be enlightened us.

Question:
>>in case of designing which u prefer most?.....composition or color?
>>If you get offer to join with your junior inmate then what will you do? :D (i know a bit tough question)
>>whts your vision to create a skilled manpower in Bangladesh?(As our only effective resource is huge manpower, so we can contribute by developing this concept.......and most of the spot light star has confronted this question by me.)

Thanks.
http://amitmojumder.net (personal folio)
http://stepsg.com (design studio)
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

smasif wrote:What if you've got 5 experienced designer in a company with different tasks?
well I have never seen like this in my past career life. But yes this can happen in many companies. If their projects are different and they have 5 different experienced designers for 5 different projects, I don't see any problem. If they are well experienced then they can mange by themselves.

A company can have a Manager over them to mange all these 5 people if that company has much money flow :-) otherwise to me its not necessary.
Shabbir
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

Tariq wrote:
I agree ... atathik creativity protaker nijar bapar ... but sobai ashola creative konona kono vaba ... abar kou chila tar creativity skill baratapara ... and ami mona kori kou kou asa jara onno k tar creative skill ar shata porichoy koria dita para and tar skill baria dita para ... r ai skill achieve ar janno kisu process ar vitor dia gala subida hoy ...

Shabbir vai ami mona kori popular art and creative art alada besoy ... i.e akjon pop artist ar creative art na janlao chola but creative artist k must pop art janta hoy ... apni bisoy ta kamon vaba dhakan ...
boss sorry amar ei bishoye kono idea nai. what did you mean by popular, pop and creative art?
Shabbir
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

amit wrote:Shabbir Bhai.....apni to mia jei hare copaitasen....already super hit spotlight of DD ever......Con grates.

Yes i do appreciate your thought, your imagination and ur motivating appeal to a new designer.you are only few in DD by whom i got inspired most at the very beginning while i was starting my career as an web designer.i do adore your thought and vision and its very nice to have u in DD.

Stay with us and be enlightened us.

Question:
>>in case of designing which u prefer most?.....composition or color?
>>If you get offer to join with your junior inmate then what will you do? :D (i know a bit tough question)
>>whts your vision to create a skilled manpower in Bangladesh?(As our only effective resource is huge manpower, so we can contribute by developing this concept.......and most of the spot light star has confronted this question by me.)

Thanks.
Amit thanks for the lovely compliment :-) and I'm happy that you guys loved my thoughts :-)
you evolved some very good questions here. here is my thoughts about it (karo karo dimot thakte pare so pleas don't take it personally):

#1 First I would prefer the Composition instead of color. You can't present an unstructured design to the people with some beautiful color magic. Your base/structure/composition has to be presentable first. Otherwise colors can't help you out.
#2 I have no problem if the offer is extra ordinary (H)
#3 brilliant good question. Well its not possible for a person like me or you. We need team work to grow manpower. We can arrange a community like DD and can provide some free graphic courses as we are specialized in this field. Its basically a long term plan. We can write thousands of lines about this issue but someone needs to take initiative. Who is gonna be?? why not DD?
Shabbir
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Tariq Julfiker
Expertise: Artist

amar ei bishoye kono idea nai. what did you mean by popular, pop and creative art?
BOSS Shoja vaba boli ... Popular art holi ja sobar janno, ja takar janno kora hoy, ja sobai khub posondo kora i.e. pop song ...
r creative art holo ja human seances, spirituality, beautification, meditation, culture, mirth, logic, meta and reality ar akta utcho morgio jaiga ... ja Artist sudu matro nirshartho vaba manushar janno korathaka ... i.e jamon classic song ...

but ai Creative work k kokhon kano kivaba kothai korba ta koue bolta parba na ... ta bola possible na ... Creativity work by born vaba ashana ... tahola Picasso ar sala Picasso hoto ...

ami akhana ami ja buji tai liksi ...

Return to “SPOTLIGHT”