S. M. Shabbir Hossain

SPOTLIGHT is our new way of reaching out towards a designer/artist/animator with the Distorted Designers community. Here anyone can ask our nominated designer/artist/animator questions related to that designer’s or artist’s work, area of expertise.
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Shabbir Hossain
Expertise: Other...

smasif wrote:Q: apne ki computer game khelen? game khela ki designer er uchit?
hahah ami life e mone hoy shudhu NFS khelsi r kichui kheli nai....o haa amar ekta Nintendo chilo ...oi ta te Mario kheltam :D

ami jani na ekjon designer jonno GAME koto ta important :-) but NFS khelar cheye animation gulo dekte amar onek bhalo lagey... pura real movie banay felse.ii ish ami jodi emon animation banate partam :oops:

Shabbir
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Tariq Julfiker
Expertise: Artist

[/quote]eta ki apnar site?[/quote]

ha amader koak jonar ... chasta chalaitasi ...
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

WoW ! great Tariq bhai... best of luck for your new business (Y)
Shabbir
sweetafroza
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Luthfunnahar Hussain
Expertise: Web Design

shabbir wrote:
6. In my day job , I encountered a very serious problem in Internet Explorer, which turned out to be a show-stopper in my current project. Basically, I’m working with a tool for editors where they can open up a sort of wizard/dialog on top of the regular document. In good modern fashion, this is naturally an overlay where the rest of document is dimmed out. I had created a sort of checkered background for the dimming, so I cut that image into a small 4 * 4 pixels wide 24-bit PNG image with alpha transparency (i.e. semi-transparent background, no matter what would be behind it). I then repeated that image as the background for the dialog.

We deployed it, it looked good and we went on with our lives. But gradually a number of reports came in that this page was dog slow to work with, you couldn’t even scroll and it would literally take seconds when you clicked a link before anything happened. Also, worth to note is that this only applied to Internet Explorer users (IE 7).

I really had no clue why this would be, because we were doing (or at least trying to do) all the right things with optimizing scripts, minimizing DOM access etc. Desperately thinking about what it could be, I remembered from before that transparency can make things slow, but never like this.

Just to see if it made any difference, I replaced the PNG image with a background color and opacity via CSS (and used the ridiculous code to get opacity in Internet Explorer). We deployed the code and awaited the news of any change. All performance problems were gone as if they had never existed! So, my word of warning to you is:

Be very very careful when you use 24-bit PNG images with alpha transparency in Internet Explorer, because apparently there is some serious memory leak issue/bug with it.

So this kind of problem i have faced for png24 bit
--- did u use pngfix.js ?? if not then use koreen... moja paben... no problem with IE and other browser :)
:)
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

oh really!! I will try then... sounds interesting... thanks
Shabbir
sweetafroza
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Luthfunnahar Hussain
Expertise: Web Design

hmmm ami onek site e use koresi... and its really goood.. ami to ekhon joto issa .png use korte pari :) like

http://greenhomeauthority.com/
http://www.psycodez.com/
:)
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

Q: if you get chance to re-shape your career or skill after the HSC/A Level, then on what you would emphasized? Could be career or could be any particular part of design.
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

sweetafroza wrote:hmmm ami onek site e use koresi... and its really goood.. ami to ekhon joto issa .png use korte pari :) like

http://greenhomeauthority.com/
http://www.psycodez.com/
WoW! it works like magic... Thanks Afroza (Y)
Shabbir
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

smasif wrote:Q: if you get chance to re-shape your career or skill after the HSC/A Level, then on what you would emphasized? Could be career or could be any particular part of design.
I wish I could change (H)
well emphasizing after HSC/A Level should be focused on which field you think you will be fit in. So what I mean to say is you must decide first that which filed you should go? It could be Software line or it could be Design line or it could be Business line bla bla. so basically depends on your choices.

amar kache ekhon mone hoy ami programming line a chole gele bhalo kortam cause I think by default I have some (not vastly) creativity in my sense :-) so programing dik ta ektu ghosha moja kore felle career er jonno bhalo hoto... but overall I am happy what I am now :-)
Shabbir
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

cool
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member

shabbir wrote:WoW ! great Tariq bhai... best of luck for your new business (Y)
thanks vai ... ami ashola ase tader shata ...
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member

--- did u use pngfix.js ?? if not then use koreen... moja paben... no problem with IE and other browser :)
Afroza madam n Shabbir vai r aktu detail bolan ... tahola hoyto sikta parbo ... :D
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member

Shabbir
Tariq
Proud Member
Proud Member

Thanks 4 links ...
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba
Expertise: Jack of all, master of NONE

shabbir bhai apni jay png fix a jonnoo jay hack e use koren nah keno... IE6/7 memory leak hoi 70% time.......... yea ota jodi repeatable background hoi then.........

IE SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK :)

ami o ata niya problem posrchi onek................................... koto hack jey use korchi................. but kaw fix kortey parey nah jodi boro area repeatable hoi....

Q : mama eid den and tar porer din ki korben.. i mean plan ki

Q : mama nari nirjaton case hoi but porus nirjaton word ta nai ken ?

Q : mama apni konta bayshi like koren jQuery or mootool

Q : ajax use koren naki apnar project gola......... korley keno koren and na korley keno koren nah

Q : aj kal deyka jai onek site a slideshow and slider a jonno jQuery/mootool/js use korsey......... but ogola kinto flash diya kora jai... soo apni konta prefer koren.. and keno ?

Q : css a jonnoo kono framework use koren naki......... korley keno and na korley keno.

agola agey answer den then arooo ask kormu ney porey..
** KISS Principle **

Return to “SPOTLIGHT”