Alex Dukal Portfolio

Admin Notice, News, DD Events
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

OMG :dropjaw: :dropjaw: are you original one?? just kidding. we can't really beleive that you are with us. I am also a great fan of yours like others. I also tried something like you. Though your techniques are far different from my one :P I just used a simple techniques to obtain the feel of your artworks. Hope you will share your techniques with us and evaluate our works. We will be able to learn lot from you.

Thanks

Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
Dukal
Full Name: Alex Dukal
Expertise: Artist

Did I said that I'm grateful? Well, I'm!
Thanks for that warm welcome.
As I said in my first reply, I'm travelling to Buenos Aires on next friday and will be very difficult to participate here until I came back to my hometown.
Anyway, probably you already know that there are a free resources section in my website:
http://www.circografico.com.ar/resources/
Most of the brushes that I use are there.

Tips?
Well, the first thing that I do when install Photoshop is to change the keyboard shortcuts.
Why? 'cause I found very comfortable to work with my left hand over the keyboard using some fingers in some operations like resize the brush and pick colors directly from the work in progress.
I've an explanation about that here:

http://alexdukal.blogspot.com/2009/01/p ... ps_29.html (First in spanish and english at the bottom)

The video in that post shows how I mix colours while painting, using the Alt key.
I don't use the computer to save time, for me it's a tool like oils or watercolours, so don't expect to paint very quickly with this techniques!
You were talking about "style" and that's a nice subject that it's not directly related to techniques, I think that the style comes to life when you own the technique and adds your personal background and life. Anyone could learn the technical part but the other part its strictly personal. No one wants to be a clone, so you must to study, copy and learn from as many artists, schools or styles as you could. I've learned that way.

Is "Bengali" the other language in this Forum?

Cheers!
Last edited by Dukal on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Partha Sarker
Expertise: Web Design

Thanks for these very helpful tips.

I already visited your site... some your works... but this resources section is new for me...

Yes Bengali is the other language... because all members are here is from Bangladesh..

:)
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba
Expertise: Jack of all, master of NONE

thanks Dukal ... it's really nice and great tips for us...

anyway... if u get chance then check this.... it;s one of your great fan work http://distortedesigners.com/forum/view ... f=60&t=984 here have more work nice n nice work...

thanks again
** KISS Principle **
sweetafroza
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Luthfunnahar Hussain

Wow...What a tips.. Grate..and thanks for share.. :)
akela
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Abu Ali Farmidi

Thanks Dukal for delivering ur thought among us...hope to here more from u...have a nice trip in Buenas Aires... :dd:
Last edited by akela on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.?.FFU007.?.
shabbir
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Shabbir Hossain
Expertise: Other...

akela wrote:Thanks Dulal for delivering ur thought among us...hope to here more from u...have a nice trip in Buenas Aires... :dd:
Akela bhai ki naam liksen dekhen ektu :-)
Shabbir
akela
DD Addict
DD Addict
Full Name: Abu Ali Farmidi

Akela bhai ki naam liksen dekhen ektu :-)
Thanks shabbir bhai...typing mistake...corrected...
.?.FFU007.?.
asifshahid
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Asif Shahid

Thanks for the valuable tips. your setting of increasing/decreasing/color picker keys are really helpful. I just used "[" and "]", which is default. One thing, I searched so many places to how to open the color picker with a key. but found nothing. It is very very important in drawing with WACOM. So can you please explain the steps that how can I set "ALT" key for Color Picker? Thanks in advance :)
Asif Shahid
Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺
Dukal

smasif wrote:Thanks for the valuable tips. your setting of increasing/decreasing/color picker keys are really helpful. I just used "[" and "]", which is default. One thing, I searched so many places to how to open the color picker with a key. but found nothing. It is very very important in drawing with WACOM. So can you please explain the steps that how can I set "ALT" key for Color Picker? Thanks in advance :)
You're welcome. Sorry for the delay to reply but this year was a heavy one in terms of work.
About your question: you can't open the Colour Picker with a Key, not the big and useful Colour Picker, just the Color Sliders with F6 but I don't like that one! so ... what you see / read in my tutorial is a different thing:
when I start to paint I use my personal Color Swatches to put the basic colour scheme, then I use my brushes to paint and the Color Picker (ALT) to pick colours as showed in this video:

[youtube][/youtube]

or this one:

[youtube][/youtube]

(I guess the second video is more clear than mine)
Hope that helps!

Going on vacations in a couple of weeks, just in case ... have a Merry X-mas and wonderful new year!

From Argentina

Alex Dukal
sweetafroza
Proud Member
Proud Member
Full Name: Luthfunnahar Hussain

WoW Happy to see you here after so long.. and Thanks a Lot for those Videos... It will help us a Lot.. :)
and wish to the same ..Merry X-mas and Happy happy new year! :)
pagol
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Koba

ohh yea that's great... me to going for vacations :) same yea..............

hey merry Xmas and happy new year.............. enjoy your every moment...

don't forget us....

thank you so much again for your great reply and stay with us
** KISS Principle **
Dukal

Probably you already watched this, but could be new for someone and its something that will make us talk during 2010!

[youtube][/youtube]

I don't know, hope there are real improvements for artists in PS CS5 'cause I don't feel very comfortable with CS4, so I'm still using CS3.
Anyway, the video is impressive, and there are some other videos at cs5.org
parthasarker
Insanely Distorted
Insanely Distorted
Full Name: Partha Sarker

cool.. the video's are nice... and very helpful.........

Thanks for sharing.. btw.. Marry Christmas and Happy New Year.. wish a very happy vacation...........
Dukal

Just a quick capture of my desktop showing a Work in progress. It's part of the new book I'm working on.

Cheers!

Return to “DD Notice Board”